Don’t wait until things really heat up in Ohio to find out whether your air conditioning is working well. You may be in for a sad surprise when you flip your thermostat over to “cool” only to discover your AC is on the outs. The best time for Dayton, OH, homeowners to schedule their annual AC service with Allied Services, Inc.
Why Spring Maintenance?
You’ve probably heard the saying that “Preventative medicine is the best medicine.” The same is true in the world of air conditioning
. As seasons change and you switch from using heat to AC, it’s a good idea to have an HVAC
professional give your system a tune-up. During this routine service call, our technicians will go through the following checklist thoroughly:
- Install gauges and check operating pressures.
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors with meters.
- Check air temperature drop across evaporator.
- Check for adequate refrigerant charge and possible leaks.
- Check evaporator superheat.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check belt and adjust tension.
- Check filters.
- Check pressure switch cutout settings.
- Check electrical lockout circuits.
- Check starting contractor contacts.
- Check and adjust thermostat.
- Check air temperature across condenser.
- Check that condensate drain is open.
- Turn exposed dampers to cooling position, if marked (no balancing).
By checking these routine functions and parts and taking care of any potential AC repairs
or replacements early, you can make sure your air conditioner is ready to go when the temperatures rises.
About Allied Services
Allied Services has been serving the Dayton, OH, area as an HVAC expert since the 1950s. Our team
is committed to excellent service, quality materials, and professionalism. We’re part of your community, and we want to make sure our customers are satisfied from the first moment we pick up the phone.
To find out more about our heating
and cooling services or to schedule your spring AC tune-up, contact us
today at (937) 269-5059
photo credit: Jackie Bese
via flickr license