Once the weather in Ohio really starts to heat up and its time to turn on your AC, you’d better be sure your unit is working well or you’ll be left to sweat it out. Having an annual tune-up performed on your air conditioner can aid in finding small problems before they become larger ones, and can extend the life of your unit. AC checkups can also extend the life of your home’s system by several years, as well as save you up to 15% a month on your energy bills. The time to schedule your annual tune-up is now, so don’t wait to call your friends at Allied Services, Inc.
What Is a Spring AC Tune-Up?
As seasons change and you switch from using heat to AC, it’s a good idea to have an HVAC professional give your system a tune-up. During this routine service call, our technicians will thoroughly go through the following checklist:
- Install gauges and check operating pressures.
- Check voltage and amperage to all motors with meters.
- Check air temperature drop across evaporator.
- Check for adequate refrigerant charge and possible leaks.
- Check evaporator superheat.
- Lubricate all moving parts.
- Check belt and adjust tension.
- Check filters.
- Check pressure switch cutout settings.
- Check electrical lockout circuits.
- Check starting contractor contacts.
- Check and adjust thermostat.
- Check air temperature across condenser.
- Check that condensate drain is open.
- Turn exposed dampers to cooling position, if marked (no balancing).
By checking these routine functions and parts and taking care of any potential AC repairs or replacements early, you can make sure your air conditioner is ready to go when the temperature rises.
About Allied Services
Allied Services, Inc. has been providing professional HVAC services in Dayton, Ohio, and the surrounding area since 1955. Whether you need a new heating or cooling system installed, maintenance or repairs on your existing systems, or want to improve your home’s indoor air quality, our team is here to help.To find out more about our heating and cooling services or to schedule your spring AC tune-up, contact us today at (937) 269-5059.