At Allied Services, Inc., we’ve been serving the Dayton, Ohio, area with top-quality heating and cooling services since 1955. With all of that time and experience on our side, it’s no surprise that we’ve seen and heard it all when it comes to HVAC questions. Today on the blog, we’re answering some of the top questions we are frequently asked to save you some time in the future!
What’s the best way to maintain my system?
To keep your unit running efficiently for years to come, we recommend the following steps:
- Keep your home at a consistent temperature to prevent the unit from overworking.
- Have an inspection performed at least once a year.
- Replace your filter frequently.
- Look for ways to lessen the load on your furnace by checking for leaks and drafts, resolving any humidity issues in the home, and sufficiently insulating your home.
What is included in HVAC maintenance?
During a routine maintenance visit, your HVAC technician should complete these tasks:
- Check and change the filters
- Clean and remove debris
- Check the condensate drain
- Check the thermostat settings
- Check electrical connections
- Lubricate moving parts
- Check exhaust outlets
- Check fuel lines and connections
- Check refrigerant levels
- Take a wet bulb reading
- Check the superheat, sub-cooling, and chiller systems
How much does it cost to replace a heating and cooling system?
The average price to replace an HVAC system, which consists of a furnace and central air conditioner, is between $4,500 and $10,000. If you want to install ductwork along with your new HVAC system, the price may go up, sometimes by anywhere from $1,500 to $3,000.
How long will my new unit last?
The average lifespan of an HVAC system is 12 to 25 years. The kind of system and how well maintained it is over its lifespan will determine this. To help the furnace last longer, you’ll also want to make sure the ductwork is sized appropriately for the house.
Have more questions? You can count on Allied Services for the answers. We can work on all makes and models of equipment, from fuel oil and propane to natural gas and electric heaters. Ask us about our free second opinion service if you’re unsure about a previous quote you have received. Contact us today at (937) 269-5059 to schedule your appointment. We serve Dayton, OH, and the surrounding areas.