1. Replace the FilterReplacing your filter is a quick, easy, and inexpensive first step in ensuring your unit is working properly. Changing a filter will clear up your duct work, your HVAC unit, and your home.
2. Consider an UpgradeIf you’ve been putting off replacing an old unit, consider calling our team now while the weather is manageable. Trying to replace a unit in the dead of winter can be extremely inconvenient and difficult, and an unpleasant experience for the whole family.
3. Warm Up Your UnitStart running the heating unit early in the fall, before you really need it. Like most things, idleness is rarely beneficial and your unit can take some time to loosen up. Make sure you give it a go before absolutely needed, so your heat will be ready to roll when the time comes.
4. Keep Your AC Unit SnugAn easy and inexpensive way to keep your AC unit free from damage in the cold is to cover it with a blanket. Covering your outside unit can protect against potentially damaging frost and cold.
5. Have Your System Inspected
An inspection from Allied is only a fraction of the cost of a system failure and can ensure that your unit is ready to go for the winter. Most customers only call their maintenance man when something goes wrong, but being proactive with your unit’s maintenance is much less expensive. It also will give you peace of mind knowing that you won’t be unexpectedly stranded without heat when you need it the most.
These five tips can be accomplished quickly and inexpensively, and are important to keep in mind as you begin to prepare for the coming months. Let the experts at Allied Services, Inc. help ensure that your unit is in the best possible shape for the inevitable temperature drop. Contact us today at (937) 269-5059 with any questions, or to set up an appointment.