With the first few 80°F days already taking over Ohio
, it is easy to see that summer is on it’s way. Several homeowners have even started running their air conditioning
units. The following tips will help you keep your air conditioning
system running as efficiently as possible. Having an efficiently running air conditioning
system will reduce the amount of time it spends on. This will not only save you money when it comes to paying bills but also is one of the many ways your family can engage in a more green lifestyle.
Whether you’re trying to conserve energy or grow your own vegetables, adopting a green lifestyle is healthier for the planet. Living green helps to ensure your future grandchildren will breathe the same clean air we do today. The American Council For An Energy-Efficient Economy
offers these tips so that your family can help the environment by using your family’s air conditioning
to it’s fullest potential.
5 Ways to Improve the Efficiency of Your Air Conditioning System
- Insulate your household. The American Council for an Energy-efficient Economy emphasizes the importance of preventing the summer heat from getting into your house by improving the insulation as well as frequently checking for air leaks.
- Find Natural Shade for Your Windows. The object is to keep high-angle summer sun out and allow low-angle winter sun in. To that end, try putting horizontal trellises outside your east- and west-facing windows to block the summer heat and protect south facing windows with deciduous trees or climbing foliage so that you can take advantage of the winter sun when they lose their leaves in the fall.
- Yearly servicing. It is very important that you have your HVAC unit serviced by an air conditioning specialist. It’s important that you maintain your unit to keep it functioning at peak performance.
- Replace inefficient appliances. Whenever possible you should replace appliances in your home that aren’t in working order. Old, inefficient appliances such as refrigerators give off a lot of heat. Unplug electronic equipment when not in use and replace your incandescent light bulbs with fluorescents.
- Use fans throughout your home. Running a fan takes less energy than an air conditioner and may be sufficient unless you live in an area with high humidity.
Improving the efficiency of your air conditioning
unit will not only lower your expenses but also improve the quality of life for future generations by engaging in a green lifestyle. If it is time for your yearly HVAC
check-up contact Allied Services Inc. Whether you need air conditioning
or heat pump
services, our close-knit group of employees will make your call our top priority. Contact us at (937) 269-5059
to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our Dayton air conditioning
and heating systems